11:00 PM - 5:00 AM, Thursday - Friday, November 23rd - 24th, 1995: SHOW 76 (400 hours passed)
Wow, hadn't done a weekday in a while. It started out slow, but I had quite a bit to talk about because of the Beatles. Did have a no-hitter. Seemed harder than on the weekends. Did 2 hours of "themes" and then got utterly sick of it. I think I'm going to make it a race to 5, must win by two sort of deal. Of course then it will only last an hour. I was in a good mood, and then BAM I just about fell asleep. I MEAN BAM, around 3:45 I could barely keep my eyes open. I joked that it was all that triptophane from the turkey I had eaten. I was knocked out. Haven't a clue how I made it through the last hour. Oh, and then I said how everyone was insane to be shopping today. It's so extremely crowded on this day. And how BC is at the City Center, and it will be a zoo (day after Thanksgiving, biggest shopping day). Then Joe calls up on the house line and says that City Center is paying 6 figures for this deal and, I shouldn't be downing their place. God I felt like shit, it never even crossed my mind. It's funny when you work for a big-time radio station you basically work for the entire city. All of your sponsors. So I in essence was telling people not to shop today, at our mall: City Center. I didn't really though, I said go eat breakfast with BC, but I won't be there 'cause I'm tired. Then I rambled a bit about the crowds. Ahh well, I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. Shit, at first I thought it was Bill, then I realized he wasn't in house, Joe was. Ok, I'm done.
10:45 PM - 6:00 AM, Saturday - Sunday, November 24th - 25th, 1995: SHOW 77
Night started out SLOW, I knew I didn't have a prayer for a no-hitter, and it was truly all my fault. I had nothing prepared. BWF #44 was done in 3 calls and I just didn't have anything to talk about. I'm gonna have this segment called Adam's Week in Review. It will basically be things I wrote down during the week that caught my eye, and that will make things go smoother. Then people called asking for XMAS music. Actually I bailed myself out with "Rusty Chevrolet" and it had a domino effect. That took me until 2:00 and then the Trivia took me until 6:00! I'm telling you, it's an animal! That's good and all, but jesus, it takes a monkey to read questions. I just get bored with it, but damn, no one else does. And it's not the same 10 people. I probably recognize about 30 people. And 20 different winners. It's insane. I really want to shorten it, but people keep calling and asking for it. What a great problem. At least I made a new song for it to "Free as a Bird" I'm such a Beatle whore. BC came in and said his usual "You in here?" I said not for long. Then he asked me if I was tired and I said, "yeah the triptophane kicked in around 4:00" he smiled at said that'll do it to ya. I think it was the first time I made him take notice and smile/laugh....Jesus, I am documenting this.
10:00 PM - 7:00 AM, Saturday - Sunday, November 25th - 26th, 1995: SHOW 78
Well, the Buckeyes went 11-0 and then lost to Michigan. No Big Ten Championship, no Rose Bowl, no Perfect season, no National championship, and probably no Heisman trophy for Eddie, oh, and we lost to Michigan. That's all anyone wanted to talk about, it was one of my best nights...until the pranks took over. Had this fuckin' little prick call over and over and over and over. As soon as I hung up he redialed. All throughout trivia. I was going insane. He wouldn't cuss, just call and say something stupid. For THREE HOURS. The 4:00 hour got real bad and I just about lost it on the air. So I threw on a song, and vegged out. I got on and said "They don't pay me to babysit, and until I have a producer I'm gonna do what they DO pay me for: playing music" Then people would call up (mostly old fuckin' ladies) and say music was better than all this talk crap. This was up there with THE shitty night this summer. I was furious. AAAAHHHH! I'm still pissed! Other than that everything was great.
10:15 PM - 2:00 AM, Sunday - Monday, November 26th - 27th, 1995:
I type this with every effort being made no to smile: Someone took two of Cannon's most used carts. Hee, hee. I had to snicker. When I heard, I went on the air with him and we talked for a good half hour about it. It was nice sitting there talking. I was thinking that that would be a nice way to open Sunday first hours. But that will never happen. I liked letting the audience know that we get along. I'm sure they think we never talk, and it was even weird to hear my voice and his in basically the same breath. Funny enough he had his mic up 2x higher than mine. Ah well, it was fun.